[Alberg30] Trailering an Alberg 30

Scott Lynds pamandscott at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 1 19:27:40 PDT 2002

What is the general concencus on the best vehicle a person could reasonably tow a 30 for a long distance. What is the average owner using? Is a 3/4 Ton 4x4 up to the task to haul one.....say 1000 miles. I would appreciate any input as I have decided an Alberg 30 is the boat I would ultimately like to own for offshore sailing here in Nova Scotia, and it looks like I may have to venture far afield to find one. Hence, I am in need of a suitable trailer, and my next vehicle (if pratical) should be one to make the journey. I just recently hauled a Catalina 22 back from Lower N.J with my Dodge Caravan and it made the trip without any problem (the van that is, the trailer is another story!!).