[Alberg30] exhaust, A4 questions

Lincoln Finkenberg lfinkenberg at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jul 7 17:27:14 PDT 2002

If you replace the exhaust I think you want to cool it as soon as possible
after the exhaust leaves the manifold - there's nothing quite as good as
asbestos in this respect. You'll attach an elbow to the manifold go up about
8-12" - or as high as you can - then attach another elbow to stop heading up
and start heading aft then immediately attach another elbow to head back
down - at the last elbow you'll have the water hit the exhaust - whereupon
the water will run down to as low and as far back as you can reasonably
place the container that will collect the water - and also trap it from
coming back - on its way out the back of the boat. Fortunately this was done
when the engine was out - and by the marina - but this is how I understand
it to work.
Linc - Gypsy 138

Message: 5