[Alberg30] window leaks/V berth leaks

bob bob at fox.nstn.ca
Wed Jul 17 09:51:16 PDT 2002

I'm looking for what calking should be used around the main Salon
windows. I have a slow leak in one window.

I also have water leaking around the chain plates and have been
unsuccessful with 3M 4200 around the chain plates; perhaps another more
flexible calking is required.

I have noticed that the A30 deck is riveted to the hull except along the
jib tracks where it is thru bolted.

How does one fix leaks along these areas? Remove the toe rail (sp) or is
there another neat way of diverting the water?

Once water leaks in these areas, well... you all know probably know
where the water goes! Anywhere along the length of these shelves!

I have one leak forward of the starboard chain plate area where the
water runs down the inside of hull, across the v berth shelf and into
the bunk area making the berth Cushing's wet.

Should the teak rail be well calked to prevent water getting under and
possibly leaking through the hull/deck rivets?

Thanks

-bob

 //       Ocean Navigator magazine, for the serious sailor        //
 // http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000066625/alberg30-20 //