[Alberg30] Re: Public-list digest, Vol 1 #659 - 9 msgs

Gary Fisler seafarer at tds.net
Sun Jul 28 07:07:32 PDT 2002

I am in southeast Georgia on the Satilla River.

Gary
Dreamtime   #187

> Message: 6
> From: "Mike Lehman" <sail_505 at hotmail.com>
> To: public-list at alberg30.org
> Subject: Re: [Alberg30] Toe Rails
> Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:39:03 -0400

> <P>Gary, I have replace the toerail, but only on the newer version boats. I think you will find that on the older boats with the stand-up toerails that they are pretty much custom fit to the boat. You need a good carpenter because they are complex compound angles. Where are you?<BR><BR></P></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
> <DIV>Mike Lehman </DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV>"Gilleleje" #505 </DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <P>"One can never enter the same river twice. The river is always new; the man is forever changed."</P>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>----Original Message Follows----
> <DIV></DIV>From: Gary Fisler <SEAFARER at TDS.NET>
> <DIV></DIV>Reply-To: public-list at alberg30.org
> <DIV></DIV>To: public-list at alberg30.org
> <DIV></DIV>Subject: [Alberg30] Toe Rails
> <DIV></DIV>Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:34:23 -0400
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>The time has come for me to replace the toe rails on my boat. Has
> <DIV></DIV>anyone on the list had new toe rails made? It would be nice to find
> <DIV></DIV>someone who already has the pattern worked out rather than to have
> <DIV></DIV>someone start from scratch.
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>Also, there has been some discussion recently on an anchor platform. I
> <DIV></DIV>am currently building one for my Alberg. I laminated standard size 1X2"
> <DIV></DIV>stock to form the platform. Since the teak under the stemhead fitting
> <DIV></DIV>is in need of replacing, I plan to use the platform to replace this
> <DIV></DIV>also. Kill two birds with one stone.
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>Gary
> <DIV></DIV>Dreamtime
> <DIV></DIV>#187
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>//===============================================================//
> <DIV></DIV>// Ocean Navigator magazine, for the serious sailor //

         Cruising the Chesapeake: A Gunkholer's Guide

  My favorite Chesapeake Bay guidebook. While it mentions marinas,
  it concentrates on anchorages--the kind of places I prefer to spend
  my time. And in addition to listing shore facilities, it rates each
  location for Beauty/Interest and Protection. This is the guide you
  need to really cruise the Chesapeake Bay--a smorgasbord of small
  creeks and coves.

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071363718/alberg30-20