[Alberg30] Atomic 4 engine questions

Bill Blevins bblevins at fredericksburg.com
Mon Jul 8 05:59:13 PDT 2002

Bob,

I just got a quote from SeaLand (sealandpower.com) on the engine wiring
harness. The instrument side is 79.00 the middle long section is 98.00 and
the engine side is 19.00 and some change. I had shorts in both connectors. I
made my own this weekend and it seems to be working fine and I spent less
than 20 bucks using most of the old wires.

I started out thinking I had a bad starter / solenoid and it turned out to
be a bad hot wire lead up to the starter button. Spent two days trouble
shooting and fixing but got it going again last night around 4 p.m. and
actually had a very nice sail.

Good luck.

--
Tracy and Bill Blevins
SABRINA, Dahlgren, VA

On 7/7/02 11:13 PM, "George Dinwiddie" <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Somewhere I think I've got a parts list for the Atomic 4, but I can't
> seem to find it.  In any event, I don't think you'll find a suitable
> starter at an automotive place, though they might be able to rebuild the
> one you've got.  You might check out this list
> (http://www.alberg30.org/collaborate/moin.cgi/Atomic4PartsSuppliers) for
> sources.
>
> I'd just make your own harness.  The connectors on the factory harness
> seem prone to melting on occasion, anyway.
>
> - George
>
> bob wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for part numbers for the Atomic4 starter and solenoid.
>>
>> Does anyone have any numbers that I can use to order at the automotive
>> starter/battery or UAP shops?
>>
>> Also is it possible to get the engine wiring harness or is it advisable
>> just to make your own harness?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Bob

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |