[Alberg30] Alberg 30 Trailer

ghtremblay at videotron.ca ghtremblay at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 6 19:46:04 PDT 2002

I read the message of Scott Lynds
I think i have an interesting answer for him

There is an Alberg 30 for sale with a truck on which the boat is put on.
This truck has been bought used and converted specifically for transportation of the boat.
This has been used during 4 or five years to bring an Alberg 30 from Quebec city (Canada) to Florida and back.

The boat has a new Yanmar 27 that has been used for about 50 hours,
Now, thit boat is on the truck since 3 ou 4 years, unused.

If interested, tell me I have a proto I can scan and send

Georges Tremblay

What is the general concencus on the best vehicle a person could =
reasonably tow a 30 for a long distance. What is the average owner =
using? Is a 3/4 Ton 4x4 up to the task to haul one.....say 1000 miles. I =
would appreciate any input as I have decided an Alberg 30 is the boat I =
would ultimately like to own for offshore sailing here in Nova Scotia, =
and it looks like I may have to venture far afield to find one. Hence, I =
am in need of a suitable trailer, and my next vehicle (if pratical) =
should be one to make the journey. I just recently hauled a Catalina 22 =
back from Lower N.J with my Dodge Caravan and it made the trip without =
any problem (the van that is, the trailer is another story!!).

Georges Tremblay

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |