[Alberg30] Anchors

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Thu Jul 11 08:00:52 PDT 2002

I asked about this earlier. It is a good question. What I found out was that there was an idea - a drawing in the manual which is out of print. Another person said that they had some pictures of an installation that works. I have been so busy I have not followed up on asking for the pictures. one person said that this could be done at a reasonable cost.  Another writer recommended the website www.triton381.com  I think this correct. The site author provides a detailed description of how he built a system for a Pearson triton. I have an idea which I will implement this winter if a better idea does not come forward. My idea - suggested by a colleague - proposes to weld an aluminium plate on to the bow deck fitting. It would be large enough to move the bow chocks aft somewhat to retain the crossover feature in the docking arrangment. The bow roller or rollers would be mounted on the aluminium plate. The whole arrangment would be securely fastened to the deck. I may install a si!
ngle very hearty horn cleat to manage the docking lines and/or the anchor rode.  My idea and the triton idea may be similar except that he seems to have used teak as his material. Both involve building a platform that would fit around the head stay and the roller furler while allowing the anchors to be launched with ease from the platform.

I hope this is helpful. I also hope this will help us get in touch again with the person who offered the pictures. If the diagram in the maintaince manual could be made avaliable that would be helpful too. I do not know if that is a difficult thing to do.

>>> bydel at bellsouth.net 07/09/02 11:32AM >>>
Has anyone built a bowpulpit with an anchor roller that does not spoil the lines of the boat. I need to figure out an efficient way to keep the anchor on the bow but out of the way. The input of the group would be appreciated.

Bill Ydel
SallyB #441

 //       Ocean Navigator magazine, for the serious sailor        //
 // http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000066625/alberg30-20 //