[Alberg30] Instrument panel

Peter Amos peter.amos1 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 17 12:24:23 PDT 2002

I found the original location of the instrument panel so inconvenient that I shifted it to the starboard side vertical bulkhead next to the companionway.I was fortunate that while the wiring at first sight looked complicated it was in fact just two color coded wiring looms with connectors in the middle.I disconnected the looms at the connectors ,resited the panel and reconnected the looms.I found that the looms were far too long in the new position so I carefully recorded where each wire went on the panel,cut the wires to length,crimped on new connectors and reconnected.
The hole left by the removal of the panel was filled by a piece of lexan,cut to size and drilled  for nut and bolt fixing.Before fixing and caulking, the inside of the lexan was painted.Later I used the lexan panel as the location for a fuel gauge after fitting a fuel tank in the starboard cockpit locker.
Peter Amos
TaitTait #478