[Alberg30] Engine Stalls

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Sat Jul 27 09:46:10 PDT 2002

Jim Watson wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I recently tuned up my Universal Atomic 4. After she runs for a while, the
> engine will stall and after a few minutes, I can start the engine again. The
> carburetor has been rebuilt but I am wondering if the float is sticking? Has
> anyone experienced this type of behavior? Any ideas would sure be
> appreciated.

If you have a Facit (sp?) electric fuel pump more than 2 years old,
there was a long run of defective units. I had the same sort of
mysterious random stalling problem, and tried many other repairs until
someone told me about that problem. Apprentyl there is a problem with
the commutator on the motor in the pump, and the only fix is to replace
the pump. I had replaced the coil also... Good luck.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY
         Cruising the Chesapeake: A Gunkholer's Guide

  My favorite Chesapeake Bay guidebook. While it mentions marinas,
  it concentrates on anchorages--the kind of places I prefer to spend
  my time. And in addition to listing shore facilities, it rates each
  location for Beauty/Interest and Protection. This is the guide you
  need to really cruise the Chesapeake Bay--a smorgasbord of small
  creeks and coves.

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071363718/alberg30-20