[Alberg30] Hull #127 info.

RMOLeach rmoleach at peoplepc.com
Sun Jun 2 22:09:35 PDT 2002

Bruce,

Am I mistaken, or is hull #127 laying in a slip at Alameda Marina.  Off-white with dark red trim, rigged with a jib boom.  If she's the one I'm thinking of, she was taken over by a new owner a few years back.  He's a aeronautical engineer of some sort.  I think she's lacking an engine beacause he installed an electric motor and a battery array.  He only needed it to get from his slip to the Oakland Estuary, 250 yards away.  I never got to see the interior, but he seemed to take good care of the exterior, especially in the beginning.

It was very interesting for me to see this boat.  I had only seen one or two other A-30's prior to noticing it.  As a near sister to my #121 it was amazing to see the similarities and the differences.  For the first time I was able to see for sure what was stock and what had been added by previous owners over the last 30-some years.

If there are any specific questions that I can try to sleuth out for you, let me know.  But the short answer to you question is that #127 seems to have received reasonbly good care thus far.

Happy Hunting,

Rick Leach
S/V Sugar Magnolia, #121