[Alberg30] Alcohol stove parts

Bob rjohns3 at optonline.net
Fri Jun 21 12:13:51 PDT 2002

Hi List,

I need to replace the check valve at the bottom of the pump on our
Homestrand two burner pressurized alcohol stove. I believe that Kenyon
replacement parts will work in the Homestrand stove. Those parts are
available from West Marine. I believe that Homestrand is out of business
and/or absorbed by Kenyon.

Can anyone confirm that the Kenyon parts will fit?

The part I need to change apparently needs a special tool. I believe
that the "Wrench for check valve and nozzle.", (#154989 in the West
catalog, Kenyon B93005) is the tool I need and that the "Pump check
valve", (West #259505, Kenyon B93014) is the check valve.

Are these t he parts I need to order?

If we were still cruising I would probably change to an Origo
non-pressurized alcohol stove. They claim that Origo #4000CB is a
"Drop-in Style" but they don't say specifically that it replaces the
Kenyon/Homestrand. I still would prefer to repair the old stove but
might switch to the Origo if I can't get the parts for the Homestrand.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Johns, A30, #397

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |