[Alberg30] installing the head

EddieDiver at aol.com EddieDiver at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 14:35:59 PDT 2002

On Emotional Rescue #303, we installed the head on a raised plywood "floor"
approximately 6 inches above the cabin sole. The ends of the plywood are
supported on wood cleats screwed and glued to the two bulkheads; cabin and
vee-berth. The 6 inch clearance allows for the elbow from the thru-hull to be
turned horizontal. Into the elbow we screwed a bronze ball valve with a
handle. To allow clearance for the handle, and for one's fingers to move the
handle, we cut a "slit" in the plywood floor. Six inches long, with rounded
ends. We did not want the handle to be horizontal and sticking out into the
passageway. It would be easy to step on it in that position. Ed. Schroeder