[Alberg30] Gear shift cable

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jun 8 22:33:12 PDT 2002

Bill,

You need to measure the length of the cable, and check the types of
fittings on both ends.  There's no guarantee that the shifter control on
your boat is the same as mine.  There are bulkhead and clamp fittings.
 You used to be able to get Teleflex or Morse cables, but Teleflex
bought Morse.

Checking the atomic4 list archives, I find a recommendation for this
place (http://www.sealandpower.com/map.html) which gives a chart and
ordering instruction.  I'm sure you can get them locally, too.

Here's a sampling of messages from that archive:
http://archives.sailnet.com/arsearch/atomic4/msg02148.php
http://archives.sailnet.com/arsearch/atomic4/msg07524.php
http://archives.sailnet.com/arsearch/atomic4/msg07528.php
http://archives.sailnet.com/arsearch/atomic4/msg08020.php

 From the descriptions, is sounds like a Morse 64C cable is probably
right.  Looking at
http://www.tfxmarine.com/mechanical/pdfs/controlpdfs/selectguide.pdf I
think this would be a Teleflex 6400CC type cable.  See
http://www.tfxmarine.com/mechanical/pdfs/controlpdfs/controluniver.pdf also.

Hope this helps.  Let us know what you find.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/