[Alberg30] Dutchman reefing and electric fuel pumps.

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Mon Jun 10 09:33:58 PDT 2002

My boat came with the halyards led back. this was done by putting footblocks at the mast base and running them to cheek blocks or fair leads as the case may be. The halyard lines "span the valley."  This requires some careful foot work when reefing.  A better way would be to use a combination of halyard lift blocks and over the top blocks and that would be more work.

>>> johnbrugeman at ameritech.net 06/09/02 06:50AM >>>
Peter Amos

Have use the Dutchman system since I purchased hull #305 (Mermaid) with my halyards still at the mast very successfully.  Your mainsail would have to be redone to accomodate the Dutchman lines because the are threaded through the sail and attached to the top lift. You can bring your halyards aft to work from the cockpit with some doing also.

John Brugeman
#305 Mermaid