[Alberg30] mainsheet

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Fri Jun 14 07:54:17 PDT 2002

Another consideration.  While I had my Alberg, I had only 3 to 1 with the sheet routed forward to the gooseneck, then down and back to the cockpit.  If I needed it, I had a winch there I could use.  While sailing the excess sheet was down through the companion way out of the way and was cleated by a simple black clam cleat on the bulkhead.  I did a lot of short handed sailing, including racing, and liked the fact that as helmsman, I could reach up and adjust the main quickly and easily and still keep my eyes forward.  Just food for thought.

Bob Chambers