[Alberg30] Hull #127 info.

Bruce Dart brucedart at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 11:25:57 PDT 2002

Rick, I appeciate the info.  You are right, I believe,
about the details.  Unfortunately, the owner took the
boat off the market.  I was up in the Bay area last
weekend, and thought I would be able to track him
down, but was unsuccessful.  Do you have any ideas
about how to contact him?

Bruce Dart
--- RMOLeach <rmoleach at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Am I mistaken, or is hull #127 laying in a slip at
> Alameda Marina.  Off-white with dark red trim,
> rigged with a jib boom.  If she's the one I'm
> thinking of, she was taken over by a new owner a few
> years back.  He's a aeronautical engineer of some
> sort.  I think she's lacking an engine beacause he
> installed an electric motor and a battery array.  He
> only needed it to get from his slip to the Oakland
> Estuary, 250 yards away.  I never got to see the
> interior, but he seemed to take good care of the
> exterior, especially in the beginning.
>
> It was very interesting for me to see this boat.  I
> had only seen one or two other A-30's prior to
> noticing it.  As a near sister to my #121 it was
> amazing to see the similarities and the differences.
>  For the first time I was able to see for sure what
> was stock and what had been added by previous owners
> over the last 30-some years.
>
> If there are any specific questions that I can try
> to sleuth out for you, let me know.  But the short
> answer to you question is that #127 seems to have
> received reasonbly good care thus far.
>
> Happy Hunting,
>
> Rick Leach
> S/V Sugar Magnolia, #121

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |