[Alberg30] TillerMaster question...

Robert Kirk isobar at cablespeed.com
Tue Jun 18 20:18:05 PDT 2002

At 10:44 PM 6/18/02 -0400, Daniel Sternglass wrote:
>Hi A-30 people,
>
>Anyone besides me still using an old TillerMaster autopilot? The
>"string" inside mine has become tangled, and the correct routing and
>setup of this spring loaded string is not clear to me... Does anyone
>have a diagram, or is there such a thing as a manual or shop manual? Any
>help appreciated. I'd gladly pay for any documentation that exists. An
>web search did not turn up any service-related info.

Dan

Just in the nick of time. I just fished out of the garbage the manual for
my good old Tillermaster which gave up the ghost last Fall. I'll be happy
to mail it to you. I still haven't thrown away the carcass yet either,  so
I could also send a picture of the innards of mine with the correct stringing.

The successor company, Moonlite Marine in Costa Mesa California just gave
up supporting the tiller last year when the old tech who came in for a day
every week or so finally retired. Unfortunately, they have almost nothing
in the way of spares left. I blew the circuit board on mine and they didn't
even have circuit diagrams, so you're out of luck if you need spares.

I was very happy with mine for a long time.

Bob Kirk
Isobar

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |