[Alberg30] Painting

Alberg30Solo at aol.com Alberg30Solo at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 13:16:32 PST 2002

I have a Small boat shop and an Alberg 30 that I am painting also this
spring. Prep work about done weeks of work the paint job will only be as good
as your prep.
I have sprayed and rolled and brushed two part paint on. STAY AWAY FROM
SPRAYING unless you have all the correct stuff or someone else will enjoy
your boat. If you use a one part paint (Toplac) you better like doing the
prep work as you will doing it again. It is a soft paint and will not hold up
over the years.
The two part Interthane Plus is easy to put on with a roller and brush and
will last for years. That is what I am going to use this time.
Algrip is good also but I would leave it to the professionals even using the
proper thinners
Your chose of color is also a problem it will so imperfections that a lighter
color will not
J. O. Alberg30solo at aol.com

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |