[Alberg30] Re: sail dimensions for one design racing

chrishardy chrishardy at tds.net
Tue Mar 19 08:11:45 PST 2002

I purchased Yankee Star #296 last fall former columbiana ? and was
wondering if her sail inventory was legal for class racing. I am in the
process of getting her phrf cert. for a race or two this summer in  N.E.
Also still trying to sort out the mess at the masthead any pictures
would be great or advice on how to rig halyards for roller furling jib
(harken) and spin. halyard mine are hanging off extended fore stay bolt
which leads jib halyard exactly parallel with stay leading to serious
halyard wrapping. There is a 5/16 fore and aft hole in the mast that
seems to be associated with a stainless bracket just below the masthead
fitting on the forward side I was thinking of putting a bolt with a
shouldered eye there to hang a single block for my jib. the spin.
halyard block is hung off a hole through the masthead fitting above the
forestay tang hole. which seems ok to me.  thanks for any clues   Chris

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |