[Alberg30] Maintenance Manuals

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Thu Mar 21 08:40:33 PST 2002

If the boat has an atomic-4 and you are concerned with engine maintenance, a good source is moyer marine (717)-564- 5748. Their web site is www.moyermarine.com

The work with Featherman Enterprises which sells Atomic-4 parts. Their number is 717-546-5748. They also sell a maintenance and overhaul manal developed by moyer for $47.00. The manual is divided into two sections. The first describes the engine systems, indicates preventative maintenance, and provides trouble shooting advice. The second sections deals with major overhauls. It is spiral bound and has a great looking cover. I am thinking of getting one - not because of the cover but because of what I have found out about the author of the manual.

Moyer seems to be the guru of the Atomic-4 world. He bought a boat with one on it, had to fix it up and has made a business and life out of helping others fix and maintain theirs. I understand that he eventually quit his day job by retiring and now devotes his life to atomic-4 matters. Takes some time off too I understand.

Dave Terrell
Talisman #432
>>> EddieDiver at aol.com 03/20/02 07:21PM >>>
George; I just joined your "list". I have become the volunteer maintenance
manager for hull #303, Emotional Rescue, owned by the Sail Chicago division
of the American Youth Hostel. We are an entire volunteer organization.
Maintenance has been lacking on the boat. A maintenance manual would be very
desireable. Are they available? We would be glad to purchase one.
 Ed. Schroeder
 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |