[Alberg30] Partnership advice?

win alled wallred at olg.com
Tue Mar 26 18:46:39 PST 2002

Standard partnership agreements are easily obthained from your public
libruary of any of the legal soft ware packages around.  You should have
one and follow the guidelines about filing in your state.

Win Allred
"Windrose"

Kevin Blanc wrote:

> I've regretfully had my boat for sale for about a year now. Recently,
> I've been discussing partnering with someone that responded to my ad. I
> see it to my benefit because I would get to keep sailing a boat that I
> love (I don't get to sail much anyway - if  I got out 6 times a year,
> that's a good year - which is why it is for sale), the boat would
> receive much needed improvements, we' both be interested in being on the
> starting line a few times a year, and I could bring another family into
> the fleet.
>
> I'm sure there are downsides to partnering, but I'm pretty amiable. My
> potential partner seems like a heads up guy - he's smart enough to
> follow this forum. :0)
>
> We are both wondering about partnership agreements. Are they hard to set
> up? Should they be drawn up by an (ack) attorney? Is there a "boating
> community" standard?
>
> Any thoughts on the topic would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |