[Alberg30] Nova Scotia to Bermuda?

chrishardy chrishardy at tds.net
Tue Mar 12 05:02:23 PST 2002

I too have thoughts of sailing to bermuda then maybe south. I have asked
if the A-30 could enter either the Marion to Bermuda or the Newport to
Bermuda and have been told no .  Marion to Bermuda has a 32' loa lower
limit and they say they would not entertain anything shorter. Newport to
Bermuda says 27.5' "L" which is IMS for roughly w.l. length older boats
with overhangs get penalized. they told me that an A 35 would barely
make it..... I would love to sail there in the company of others as I
don't have any offshore experience. So I have thought of "Brown Bagging"
one of those races Maybe year after next.
  A mid 60's Pearson 40 won Newport last time on corrected time so the
older boats are still competitive with a little luck.  Does anyone know
of a Bluewater Cruise that I could get involved in without buying a
bigger boat? I have friends that are willing to help crew.    regards Chris

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |