[Alberg30] Re:barrier coating

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Fri May 10 18:48:33 PDT 2002

    Am I too late to comment?  As someone with plenty of experience
researching and dealing with blisters on my boat (#249: a dozen per side or
so) I'd listen to Tom Sutherland and others and avoid the barrier coating.

    That stuff has to be applied extremely precisely with regards to temp
and  humidity, with exactly the right number of minutes between coats, and
etc.

    Also, my surveyor said no-never.

    Also, many other people I"ve talked with say the same.

    What is the problem that you actually have?  SImply that yr boat is dry
and blister-free.  Whoopee-- you're really lucky!  No need to muck that up
with the big unknown of barrier coating when there is much controversy and
debate as to whether it'd even work.

    You owe me 2 cents.

    CHeers,
Randy
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Randy Katz
910 - 32nd Ave.
Seattle, WA. 98122
USA
206-323-1941
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |