[Alberg30] barrier bottom protection

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 07:46:19 PDT 2002

Great discussion! With all of the varying opinions about barrier coating
older boats like A30s, I have taken the approach to "sit back and watch".
It's a big expense and a lot of work, and I am not prepared to invest in a
barrier coat until I have more consistent reports. Of course, if I had a
problem, I would do something to fix it, but short of that, I ain't touching
it. I have postulated a theory though, and that is, I think it's possible
that blisters may be created from the water inside the boat, not by the
outside water. That is water which is trapped in the glass that can get out
when a barrier coat is applied.