[Alberg30] new main

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon May 20 19:33:28 PDT 2002

Loose-footed mains aren't class legal, but you can get a main with a
"shelf foot" that accomplishes much of the same thing.  This adds extra
cloth at the foot which allows the sail to have more shape when the
outhaul is eased.  Tighten the outhaul, and the foot is pulled in,
flattening the sail.  This is well worth-while.

Both North Sails and UK-Allan advertised in the Association Handbook, so
be sure to mention the ad when you call them.  Jim Cullen, now with
North, has spoken at a number of maintenance seminars in the past.  He
knows the Alberg fleet well, and you might want to ask for him when you
contact North.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |