[Alberg30] Mast Step Bolts

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue May 21 18:30:35 PDT 2002

I think there may be core at the aft end of the step.  Steve Weinberg
did a similar repair some years back.  He wrote it up for the Mainsheet
and it was reprinted in the maintenance manual (unfortuanately out of
print, at the moment).

Well, maybe that won't help.  I just checked the old onelist archives
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alberg30/message/91) and see that his
issue was with the fixed plate, not the adjustable one.

This didn't sit well with my memory, so I went and got my copy of the
manual.  He removed the fixed plate so he could embed bolts in the deck
that protrude through the orignally threaded holes (now drilled out for
clearance).  His moveable plate then fit down over those bolts and is
fastened with lock nuts.  The full description is on pages A3&A4 of the
manual, if you can get hold of a copy.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |