[Alberg30] It's That Holding Tank Thing Again (and Group Buy?)

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 29 20:48:37 PDT 2002

Currently I have the Mansfield Type-I system with a single vent.  The
vent fitting is the same as one for a fuel tank and is fairly high on
the starboard bow.  The hose goes forward from the tank and then across
the chain locker.

My plan is to add a second, similar vent on the port side.  In spite of
the fact that it won't be as open as Peggie recommends, I think it'll
work OK.  There will rarely be exactly the same air pressure on both
sides of the hull (unless the boat sits perfectly still at anchor, or
there is no wind at all), so there should be air forced through the system.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Help keep this site afloat.  Use this link when shopping at SailNet |
 |      http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066      |