[Alberg30] Favorite Tools

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Fri Nov 1 05:49:51 PST 2002

Rick,

Does your PortaSol hold the butane for an extended period of time?
I got mine years ago, when they first showed them at the Annapolis
boat show, but I was disappointed that the butane would leak out
in a few hours.  I sent it back to the manufacturer and they replaced
it, but the replacement would still leak out overnight.  Even a
99-cent disposable lighter does better than that.

A couple years ago I found a cheap butane soldering iron/hot knife
at the hardware store, and I use that, now.

I'm not familiar with the Point Hudson fid.  I presume this is
for braided line?  I've got a Brian Toss splicing wand
(http://satsop.olympus.net/biz/briontoss/catalog/store_img/SplicingWands_lg.jpg),
but I don't use it much.  Since I don't splice braided line much, I
always have to get out the instructions.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |