[Alberg30] Winches

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Wed Nov 13 01:47:41 PST 2002

Peter,
   The blue rubber "Winchers" should work marginally well on your larger winches. I had one on my main halyard winch which was a small (#10) Anderson non self tailer. You have to keep enough line on the winch drum to fill it up and have the top wrap press against the rubber Wincher.  I only had it on that one winch because I found a single Wincher (they are usually sold in pairs) at Bacon's that fit and I've always been curious about them. About a year after I installed that was when I got the #40 Anderson Self Tailers for my cockpit winches. Not a comment on the "Winchers" though, I got a good deal on the real ST'rs.
Brian     ex#497