[Alberg30] Help- Tin Canning Bow

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Nov 16 21:25:13 PST 2002

There was also, originally, some wetted out fiberglass mat put between
the hull and deck.  It could be that this did not bond well at that
point.  More likely, there has been some contact that cracked this.  In
any event, Mike's right--5200 and through-bolting is the way to go.

If you don't want to use 5200 for the teak, you might consider 4200.
It's supposed to be possible to remove it.  That's what I used for my
taffrail, but I haven't tested the bond.  With either of these caulks
you need to make sure it's fresh.  They have a tendency to harden in the
tube.

  - George

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |