[Alberg30] Boom Vang

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Nov 27 12:41:30 PST 2002

I am considering putting a solid vang from Garhauer on my boat. I did talk to the folks out there and it can be done even though the boom is attached to a slide. What i have read suggest that the distance between the deck and the attachment point on boom should be related in a 5: 4 relationship. My boom is about 32 inches above the deck when it is properly tensioned. Using this formula, this means my attachment point should be 40 inches out on the boom. This is the direction I am going right now. I will do some more checking before I place an order.  I prefer a solid vang to a soft vang because the topping lift is eliminated and the sail adjustments one can make are much wider with a solid vang than with a soft vang.

>>> greeksailor at worldnet.att.net 11/24/02 05:46PM >>>
Hello everyone!

I lost my Hausepipe Cover yesterday......Kasia #383 is a 1969, does anyone
know who made these so I can get a replacement?

I want to install a boom vang can the group help me make a smart decision as
to what type?

Christos
Kasia #383

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |