[Alberg30] Main tack attachment

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Mon Oct 14 12:14:17 PDT 2002

I'm buying a new North main (and genoa). Before the boat's measured in November, I need to decide what to do with the tack attachment for the main on the boom.

I have the original 1966 roller boom with the main tack attachment offset about 6 inches from the mast. Will Keyworth, at North Sails, says if the sail's cut properly that shouldn't be a problem at all as long as the outhaul is pulling against that attachment instead of the sail track on the mast.
Thoughts?

(Also, anyone else need new cloth? I didn't ask but I'm sure they would cut a little break for multiple sail purchases. It's already the "boat show discount" but we could ask.)

--
Bill and Tracy Blevins,  Sabrina #158
 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |