[Alberg30] Dropping an Alberg 30 Mast

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Sat Oct 19 04:28:13 PDT 2002

Is the rig explained on the Alberg 30 site for dropping the mast still around? If so, is it available one weekend late in November? How long is it disassembled? 23 feet or does it come apart?

I've used a similar setup for pulling a J-27 mast several times and am trying to figure out the best (and inexpensive) way to get the mast down on SABRINA for the winter restoration project.

Also one question. The "plate" or "foot" that is attached to the bottom of the mast - where the four bolts go through has two big cracks. One on each of the opposite corners. Suggestions on dealing with that? I could take a digital photo if that helps with suggestions. The whole corner is cracked off and then held back on with two huge washers tightened on top of the plate and under the bolts.

Bill - SABRINA #158

--
Bill Blevins, Internet director
The Free Lance-Star
billblevins at fredericksburg.com
http://www.fredericksburg.com
 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |