[Alberg30] wooden mast support beam

Mrs.Bencze spot at mb.sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 19 07:05:27 PDT 2002

hey, i'm new to this list.
just got A30 this summer.
one of the many things i had to do was remove repair and replace the wood support beam.
it wasn't cracked but it was delamed and a little flattened. so i re- epoxied it between the separations, the a layer of 4 0z cloth over the whole thing. and cut out from beneath the mast step abt 2 sq ' of the glass and core. recored and glasses that as well, the replased the beam .as well i added a 1.25 in piece of mahogony to the 2 center bulkhead fastened support beams.
however the seams to still be a we bit of flex.note[my max tension on the thicker 1/4 in shrouds and stays is 800lb which should be fine]
i've heard said that some people have added aluminum .
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?
LAZ#334