[Alberg30] dropping the mast...

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Sun Oct 20 05:02:44 PDT 2002

The photos on the Alberg 30 Web site show the butt going forward. Does it matter?

Also, how long is the A frame when disassembled?

Bill

--

On Saturday, Oct 19, 2002, at 06:41PM, C.B. Currier <cbcurrier at spinrx.com> wrote:

>Well Bill,
>If you are in the annapolis area there is an A frame you can borrow. Or you
>can use a gin pole. either way the fram must reach to the spreaders where the
>approximate center of gravity is on the mast. Lift the mast then walk it down
>using a block & tackle to lower. Swing the butt aftward. simple process that
>works really well.
>

>C.B. Currier
>Infinity #57
>Daybreak #458
>

>On Saturday 19 October 2002 04:08 pm, you wrote:
>> Hi Bill!
>>
>> Didn't Yves Gelinas come up with a clever way to drop the mast on
>> "Jean du Sud"? Maybe someone else knows the trick, because I'd love to
>> learn it myself!
>>
>> FF
>> Nisus

Bill Blevins, Internet director
The Free Lance-Star
billblevins at fredericksburg.com
http://www.fredericksburg.com
 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |