[Alberg30] Running lines aft

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu Oct 31 16:05:46 PST 2002

I have only one mast winch (port side), which I use solely for tensioning the roller furling jib halyard. I have a starboard side #7 lewmar winch on the rear cabin top which I use for main halyard and (occasionally) topping lift.  It could be used for the reefing lines as well, although I doubt it necessary in any but really poor conditions--when I should have reefed earlier!!!
Best,