[Alberg30] two questions:tiller pilots and hull flexing

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Tue Sep 10 11:25:29 PDT 2002

here they are.

1. has anyone had any experience with using a tillerpilot 1800 on an A30? One came with my boat and even after having made necessary adjustments, its performance is still mixed. It does not seem strong enough to hold the boatg on an off the wind course. the tillerpilot seems to like going to weather. Any thoughts?

2. I notice that the hull on my boat flexes when I hit a wave sometimes. Is this normal? I am not sure it is consistent with the A30's reputation as a s olidly built boat. Am I missing something or do I need to reshape my thinking on this matter?