[Alberg30] Jib Question for Ches. Bay Area

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu Sep 5 16:57:08 PDT 2002

Be not concerned. One of the joys of roller furling is that you can have, at some cost in efficiency, any size jib/Genoa you want, at any time.  There will be times (and they will be exceptionally rare) when you need less sail than you have out, or can easily get in.  But, most of the time, you will find the profurl system a delight.  Some of the time, you will pray for a 600% Jenny...........

Remember that the average daysailer in which you have experience weighs not much.  The Alberg has a full keel with several tons of ballast in it, and it is generally a stiff (sits up on its keel to say 15-20% angle of heel) and dry (you really have to work hard, in lots of wind, to put the windows in the water) boat.

I trust that the preparations for the Fall R. are going well; thanks a lot for your help! I expect to see you there.

R.