[Alberg30] Black Soot From Exhaust

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 8 18:18:38 PDT 2002

Hi Bev.

I had the same problem on my Grey Marine. I fixed it by adjusting the
main jet on the carburetor. It sounds like the mixture is to rich. the
recommended position is 2.5 turns out from the closed position. My
engine was so bad that I had to clean the plugs every second or third
time I ran the engine and like you  I was blowing carbon out the
exhaust.

Charles Haggart A30 # 150