[Alberg30] hull flexing

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Wed Sep 11 11:26:38 PDT 2002

the hull number is 432. the head door does not stick. The bulk heads appear to be securely attached to the inner liner. The deck beam appears to be have been originally encapsulated in fiberglass. If not the fix job was very good and professional. What I am noticing is a flexing of the hull below the waterline sometimes when I encounter a larger wave.

>>> gdinwiddie at alberg30.org 09/10/02 05:07PM >>>
Dave,

You don't say what hull number boat you have.  If you have a wooden
beam, is it in good shape or starting to sag?  If a newer boat, does the
head door stick on the overhead?

Are your bulkheads still attached tightly all around?

Everything flexes a little, but the A30 is a pretty stiffly built boat.
  What specifically are you noticing?

  - George

   George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

| Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |