[Alberg30] hull flexing

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Mon Sep 16 09:41:27 PDT 2002

big headseas are definitely not the cause. This can happen on fairly mild days too. The hull is painted so I do not think it is easy to say much about the gelcoat unless cracks are showing through the paint job - and I do not think that is the case. When the boat comes out of the water, I can look at it. Thanks for the insight.

>>> Sunstone at cogeco.ca 09/12/02 04:59PM >>>

Your not pounding into headseas and confusing the shudder with hull flexing are you?
All hulls flex a little - are you noticing gelcoat cracks cracking externally along the hard points where the bulkheads or forebunks are?