[Alberg30] spinnaker pole deal

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Wed Apr 16 14:14:24 PDT 2003

Does anybody in the Annapolis area need a spinnaker pole?

I was down at APS today  to pick up my end fittings (they have 2.5" end
fittings on sale for $54 apiece, FYI). They quoted me a cost of $348
plus $100 shipping for a new pole blank. WOW.

So I called around a bit and found an aluminum extrusion wholesaler who
will sell me a 20 foot length for $6.95 per foot. And I found an outfit
in Baltimore who can anodize a 10 foot length for $75.

My only issue is that this would give me 2 spinnaker poles (each blank
will be 10' long, then add the length of the end fittings, and you have
a class legal 10.5 feet). Since I only need one pole, I was thinking
maybe somebody else wants one and is interested in going in on this with
me? I figure the cost per person will be between $150 and $175 all told
for a new anodized aluminum pole blank.

Please e-mail me off list if you're interested.

J Bergquist
Calliope #287