[Alberg30] Stuffing Box Hose size

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Apr 3 08:39:55 PST 2003

Yeah, the 4" foam almost takes care of that, but it's not quite dense
enough to keep me from feeling them.  Still, it doesn't hurt like the
first time I crawled back in there, with no protection and exerting a
lot of torque on a pipe wrench while replacing the cockpit gate valves.

  - George

Mike Lehman wrote:
> It may not be a bad idea to take the spark plugs out to keep them from
> penetrating your chest and stomach.
>

> Mike Lehman
> "Gilleleje" #505
>
> Bob wrote:
>
>> How do you get at the clamps?
>

> I put a piece of 4" foam on top of the engine and lie down on it,
> reaching back under the gas tank.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy