[Alberg30] Bonding of hull fittings?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Apr 7 20:15:56 PDT 2003

I only have one on the prop nut.  If you bond all the through-hulls, I'd
recommend adding another up by the head, to protect that end of the
system.  The one protecting the prop and shaft should also protect the
engine intake.

My zinc went quicker than usual.  Maybe some stray electricity in the
water.  The through-hull was still secure, but I decided to replace it
since it might not be after another such incident.

  - George

Bill Blevins wrote:
> How many zincs are there on these boats? I have one that I know of
> attached under the exit from the hull for the prop shaft. Are there
> others I should be checking?
>
> Bill
   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy