[Alberg30] Bonding of hull fittings?

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Apr 8 09:41:35 PDT 2003

I do not see any evidence that my boat is bonded. My previous boat - the
CAL 27  - was bonded and it was easy to tell it was. I sail in Travese
City, Michigan  - a freshwater site.

>>> EddieDiver at aol.com 04/07/03 08:35PM >>>
There are 2 schools of thought on the wisdom or necessity of bonding
thru-hulls, engine, prop shaft, etc. together with copper wire. This,
as I
understand it, is to help prevent damage from different electrical
potentials
aboard  a boat. Every thing i have read about the subject talks about
this
potential problem when in "seawater". I take this to be salt water.

My question; are there many Albergs that have this bonding assembly?
Those in
salt water? Those in fresh water?

Emotional Rescue, #303, is in fresh Chicago lake water.