[Alberg30] cabin table

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Apr 15 07:25:46 PDT 2003

Paul,

Thanks, but I'm just the conduit.  The Association is the source of
ideas and information.  We knew virtually nothing about boats when we
bought our Alberg (moving up from a Sunfish).  We learned it all from
Association members.

The mailing list has helped widen the contact, but I can't stress enough
how valuable is face-to-face contact.  Rafting up next to another Alberg
30 has always taught us new ways of doing things.  (Besides, it's a lot
of fun!)  Racing against an Alberg 30 (or on another one) has taught me
a lot about boat handling and trim.

I see there's a weekend rendezvous scheduled in Port Jefferson on July
26.  I hope to read a write-up in the Mainsheet about all the Long
Island boats who participate in that.

  - George

RABBIT649 at aol.com wrote:
> Thanks, George. Going there reminded me of how lucky we are to have such a
> great site, such a wonderful repository of ideas and information. i.e. how
> lucky we are to have you.
> Paul Cicchetti
> #23 Ashwagh, NY

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy