[Alberg30] Tiller head fitting

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Apr 16 08:25:32 PDT 2003

Yes, see http://www.alberg30.org/maintenance/Steering/TillerHead.html
You *may* be able to shim the gap between the H fitting and the rudder
post and reduce the play.  Also put in a bushing, however, or the "ears"
will continue to bend and your play will return.  If you replace the
fitting, put in a bushing right away.  I didn't, and I quickly got play
in the new fitting.

  - George

SwiftLaw at aol.com wrote:
> Proud to announce that my lovely Terpsichore has successfully been
> transported from Chicago to Padanaram Harbor in Mass. ! Thanks to Nautic
> Marine Transport they were excellent and reasonable.
>
> Issue: Much play between the tiller and the rudder post to which the tiller
> is affixed.
>
> Can anyone recommend a fix for the vast play there and/or where to get a new
> Tiller head fitting?
>
> Tom Swift

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy