[Alberg30] andersen winches

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Apr 16 11:10:10 PDT 2003

beautiful and very good. I have 28s on Talisman as the primary winches.
This seem to be the right size for our boats. All praise. no complaints.
In installation, you  have to pay attention to the locating the winch
correctly as the device for peeling the line off the winch can be in
only one location.(my nautical vocabulary is challenged on the name for
this device). You have to get a 40 to to get that flexibility in that
area. 40s would be pleasant overkill - I do not know if they would fit
on the boat. - the base diameter of a 40 is 6 inches. I would be
close...  I got a very good price from Rigging Only in Mass
(508-992-0434). Andersen also has an incentive program for those buying
a self-tailing winch like the 28. If you have a winch to send them -
anything will do - you get a rebate on the winch. I am not sure what the
rebate is this year. I think that it was $75.00 per winch last year.

>>> j at ship.saic.com 04/16/03 08:12AM >>>
Has anybody got experience with Andersen winches?

was it good, bad, or ugly?

J Bergquist
Calliope #287