[Alberg30] andersen winches

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Apr 16 13:01:50 PDT 2003

FWIW, Sailnet has the Andersen winches a little bit cheaper than Rigging
Only has advertised on their web site:

http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066&p=store/item.cfm?pid=16899
for the self-tailing 28ST and
http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066&p=store/item.cfm?pid=16652
for the regular two-speed 28.  The self-tailing has a $65/winch trade-in
until May 31.

  - George

Dave Terrell wrote:
> beautiful and very good. I have 28s on Talisman as the primary winches.
> This seem to be the right size for our boats. All praise. no complaints.
> In installation, you  have to pay attention to the locating the winch
> correctly as the device for peeling the line off the winch can be in
> only one location.(my nautical vocabulary is challenged on the name for
> this device). You have to get a 40 to to get that flexibility in that
> area. 40s would be pleasant overkill - I do not know if they would fit
> on the boat. - the base diameter of a 40 is 6 inches. I would be
> close...  I got a very good price from Rigging Only in Mass
> (508-992-0434). Andersen also has an incentive program for those buying
> a self-tailing winch like the 28. If you have a winch to send them -
> anything will do - you get a rebate on the winch. I am not sure what the
> rebate is this year. I think that it was $75.00 per winch last year.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy