[Alberg30] Stern Hatch Latch

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 02:46:03 PDT 2003

Do your latches stay closed? It doesn't seem that they were designed to
work on a 90 degree surfaces.

They seem to be designed for 2 surfaces that are on the same plane.
Anyway, haven't found anything better, so I took the photo to see how
to put them back! Thanks.

The cables: Both of my cables are probably 2 feet too long. I just
haven't gotten that far down on my to do list yet because at the moment
they aren't giving me trouble.

I actually replaced the gear cable last year, but I didn't re-measure
and ordered the same length cable as the broken one.

The throttle cable looks about ready to break at the top any minute -
but yesterday, it actually started working better.

I adjusted the air intake for my Universal 5411 and it stopped binding
with the throttle cable at the spring.

My marina sells the Morse cable I need. I should go ahead and fix it -
but not tonight - I found a broken valve below the waterline yesterday
with a microscopic 1/2 inch crack that I have to replace first!

Bill Blevins